Back to School. Back to Work. Summer’s over…but wait!!! Can’t we enjoy a few more lazy days of summer while the sun’s still shining, the temps are tempering, and the weekends still give us time to relax and “pace ourselves” back into the grind? Sounds like the perfect time for a recipe of the libatious variety! And there’s no better reference than the beautifully written and designed Shake: A New Perspective on Cocktails by Eric Prum and Josh Williams.
In our neck of the woods, blackberries are still looking plump and juicy at the farmers market. Or if you really want to unwind, take a leisurely hike to find some wild berries on the vine! Grab a little local honey and a few other fixin’s, then head home to whip up our favorite Prum & Williams summer cocktail – the Blackberry Fence Hopper. It’s a perfect way to hold onto that summer feelin’ even as the days grow shorter.
Of course, here at JK Adams, we always like to share with friends, and we think there’s no better way to serve this summer sipper than atop our beautiful new Porter Walnut End-Grain Board. With undercut handles and rich, dark walnut hues, it’s the perfect server for a statement-maker like the Fence Hopper. And yet chefs will also prize its strong and durable end-grain construction, making it as functional in the kitchen as on the patio or dining table.
Here's to a few more warm, sunny days ahead!
The Blackberry Fence Hopper
Serves: Makes Two Drinks
- 2 Shots Vodka
- 1 Shot Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Shot Wildflower Honey
- 8 Fresh Blackberries (plus 4 for garnish)
- 2 Slices Lemon (for garnish)
- Add the Lemon Juice, Honey and Blackberries to a cocktail shaker.
- Muddle the ingredients in the bottom of the shaker until thoroughly crushed.
- Add the Vodka and ice to above the level of the liquid and shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into Tumblers over ice, top with seltzer and garnish with remaining Blackberries and Lemon Slices.