The team at Blake Hill Preserves have created a delicious pizza using their Caramelized Onion Savory Jam. The combination of the caramelized onions, mushrooms and gruyere creates a pizza with an earthy flavor with a slight sweetness. This pizza is a delicious late summer dinner with friends and family.
Blake Hill Preserves are made in Vermont by award winning jam and preserve makers. Their recipes are inspired by the delicious fruits and vegetables that are grown by local farmers or many times right in their own gardens. Their Savory Jam Collection highlights that jams do not always have to be sweet but are often just as delicious when they are savory.
We love to pair Blake Hill Preserves products with our favorite cheeses to create an amazing charcuterie board using a JK Adams Wood or Slate Serving Board. Try pairing a new preserve with your favorite local cheeses.
Explore Blake Hill Preserves.
Caramelized Onion Pizza with Mushrooms and Gruyere
- 1 pre-made pizza dough
- 1 ½ cups sliced shitake mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 4 ounces Gruyère cheese
- 8 ounces Cheddar cheese
- Blake Hill Preserves' Caramelized Onion Savory Jam.
- Preheat oven to 450°F and hold at this temperature for 30-40 minutes. If a pizza stone is available, place on the middle rack and heat with the oven.
- In a skillet over high heat, drizzle olive oil, heat for 1 minute then add chopped mushrooms and season with salt and ground black pepper. Sauté mushrooms for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Slice red bell pepper in half removing seeds, stem and membranes. Line a sheet tray with foil, lay pepper on the tray (skin side up) and roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Let the pepper cool then slice thin (an alternative cooking technique is charring the red peppers using tongs over an open flame on your stovetop)
- Stretch the pizza dough to approximately 12" on a floured surface
- Spread 3-4 Tbsp Blake Hill's Caramelized Onion Jam on the dough, add sautéed mushrooms, roasted red peppers, and slices of gruyère and cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake the pizza for 15-18 minutes on the middle rack, or stone, of your oven, then slice and Enjoy!
- We recommend presentation on one of our gorgeous serving boards, such as our Rustic Round Walnut Serving Board.
Recipe & Photos provided by Blake Hill Preserves