The team at Blake Hill Preserves pair freshly picked summer raspberries with the flowers of wild bergamot to create a preserve that is uniquely delicious. The Raspberry and Wild Bergamot Muffins are a perfect weekend breakfast or a for a sweet bite in the afternoon with friends.
Blake Hill Preserves are made in Vermont by expert jam makers. Their recipes are inspired by the delicious fruit that are grown by local farmers or many times right in their own gardens. Their Botanical Jam Collection includes the award-winning Raspberry and Wild Bergamot Jam. This jam won a US Good Food Award in 2022 and 2019.
We love to pair Blake Hill Preserves products with our favorite cheeses to create an amazing charcuterie board using a JK Adams Wood or Slate Serving Board. Try pairing a new preserve with your favorite local cheeses.
Explore Blake Hill Preserves.
Raspberry Bergamot Muffin Recipe
Serves: 1 Dozen
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cup sour cream
- Blake Hill Preserves' Raspberry and Wild Bergamot Jam.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prep muffin tin with muffin cups.
- Whisk flour, baking powder and salt together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg and sugar until thick, then add melted butter in 2 additions whisking to combine after each addition.
- Add sour cream, whisking just to combine.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and fold with rubber spatula just to combine (there may be small spots of flour remaining and batter should be thick).
- Using a small spoon add a little bit of batter to each muffin cup, then top each with jam, repeat this process once more, then top each cup with the remaining batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- While the muffins are baking make the topping.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of jam into 1/2 cup of sugar, hen make a thick simple syrup in a small saucepan by simmering 1/4 cup of sugar with a 1/4 cup of water.
- When muffins are done and cooled, one at a time, brush top with simple syrup and dip the top into sugar and jam mixture.
- We recommend presentation on one of our gorgeous serving boards, such as our X-Large Maple Appetizer Tray.
Recipe & photos provided by Blake Hill Preserves.